The Arbors at Park West
- Project Location: Amarillo, TX
- Owner/Client: The Arbors
- Project Description:
The Arbors at Park West in Amarillo, TX offer nursing and rehabilitation services to those in need as a result of injury, surgery or chronic illness. In 2016, the facility underwent a renovation to resolve zoning concerns with their HVAC system. The original system was designed with a package unit for each wing, without controls. DXS was chosen as basis of design to provide a new system that would allow for independent control of each zone throughout the building.
The facility was fitted with a Daikin VRF heat recovery system that included multi-port branch selector boxes, as well as ducted fan coil units, Renewaire ERVs, grilles, fans and fire dampers. DXS finished out the system with Daikin i-Touch controls to allow for user friendly interface and temperature control in multiple zones.
Healthcare Key Considerations
At a time when hospitals and medical services must find new ways to reduce costs, DXS offers one solution that has nothing to do with diagnoses and treatments.
Our team partners with architects and mechanical engineers who specialize in healthcare construction to design VRF air conditioning systems for hospitals, medical office buildings, long-term care facilities, and 24-hour emergency care clinics. With an in-depth understanding of the compliance issues of these structures, we deliver energy-efficient systems that reduce overall operating costs. Our clients also appreciate that VRF systems provide comfort to patients through greater temperature control of individual patient rooms.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare building codes
- Systems have the ability to reduce and eliminate cross contamination of air sources
- Tight temperature control of multiple zones for individual patient rooms
- Opportunity to reduce overall construction cost
- Energy-efficient system reduces energy costs 20 to 50 percent
- Similar benefits for Assisted Living facilities
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment