- Project Location: Austin, TX
- Owner/Client: Hotel Ella
- Project Description:
Under new ownership, the historic building known as Mansion at Judges’ Hill recently transformed into Hotel Ella. The building, located near the University of Texas campus in Austin, went through a multi-million dollar renovation into a boutique hotel that is named after the building’s original owner, Ella Wooten.
DXS was named basis of design for the project, retrofitting the common areas with 10 tons of Daikin heat recovery. The ductless units that Daikin offers integrated nicely with the existing architecture of the historic building. As a bonus, the increased energy efficiency and use of VRF qualified the owner for Austin Energy rebates.
Hospitality Key Considerations
The best hotel architects, developers and engineers have mastered the balancing act. They balance eye-pleasing aesthetics with smart operating design. They balance the comfort of property guests who expect maximum air conditioning flexibility in their individual rooms with the realities of managing operating costs for hundreds of rooms. And in the case of corporate hotels, they balance the parent company’s design standards with franchisee requirements and local tastes.
DXS helps architects, developers and engineers create hotels that meet all of these needs. We provide VRF systems that offer maximum end-user flexibility and reduce operating costs while allowing for architectural plans that favor aesthetics over obtrusive mechanical equipment.
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Improved aesthetics because of smaller installation footprint and better space utilization
- Ability to handle temperature control for hundreds of small spaces
- Ability to provide a variety of sensors that allow the owner to customize their HVAC system based on their specific needs. Excellent humidity control
- Central control interface
- Cost effective
- Energy efficient
- Robust training program for maintenance personnel
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment