HCA – St. David’s Healthcare Emergency Center Austin
- Project Location: Cedar Park, TX
- Owner/Client: Hospital Corporate of America (HCA)
- Project Description:
St. David’s Emergency Center in Cedar Park, TX is a freestanding emergency room. The newly constructed facility was part of the St. David’s HealthCare system, which has several facilities across Central Texas. Because air quality and control are always major concerns for healthcare projects, the ER had numerous small zones that required independent heating and cooling. With its offering of the easily manipulated VRF/VRV system, DXS was chosen as basis of design and provided two Daikin heat recovery systems with 24 ducted fan coils and three ductless fan coils, totaling 28 tons. A 30-ton Addison dedicated outdoor air unit was also installed. The system is highly efficient and able to handle the specific needs of the center, meeting all the client’s goals.
Healthcare Key Considerations
At a time when hospitals and medical services must find new ways to reduce costs, DXS offers one solution that has nothing to do with diagnoses and treatments.
Our team partners with architects and mechanical engineers who specialize in healthcare construction to design VRF air conditioning systems for hospitals, medical office buildings, long-term care facilities, and 24-hour emergency care clinics. With an in-depth understanding of the compliance issues of these structures, we deliver energy-efficient systems that reduce overall operating costs. Our clients also appreciate that VRF systems provide comfort to patients through greater temperature control of individual patient rooms.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare building codes
- Systems have the ability to reduce and eliminate cross contamination of air sources
- Tight temperature control of multiple zones for individual patient rooms
- Opportunity to reduce overall construction cost
- Energy-efficient system reduces energy costs 20 to 50 percent
- Similar benefits for Assisted Living facilities
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment